ALL COMMODORE DAY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ALL COMMODORE DAY

South Australian All Commodore Day Car Show and Shine ..... Please take the time to register

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

All Commodore Day 2011 ??????

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AC/DC1
Admin
AC/DC1

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2008-03-03

All Commodore Day 2011 ?????? Empty
PostSubject: All Commodore Day 2011 ??????   All Commodore Day 2011 ?????? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 6:07 am

Ok to all those people that have messaged me, phoned and e-mailed, here's your chance to convince me that the Adelaide Commodore scene is not dead, but alive and kicking with hundreds of enthusiasts?

Steve [MUSLE1]

Back to top Go down
http://www.allcommodoreday.co.nr
AC/DC1
Admin
AC/DC1

PostSubject: Re: All Commodore Day 2011 ??????   All Commodore Day 2011 ?????? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 6:59 am

Andy Vkssa March 6 at 11:33am Report
As much as i love commodores.. If u wer goin to start doin the show again wld u considor changin the name to include other cars? Its jst got me thinkn of tryn to get public to come to the event and things that hav been said in the past and to a point some of it is right.. Commodores dont hav a gd name for being big fancy cars that are guna attract ppl compared to a hotrod show or muscle cars like smasa? An all holden day like in syd would allow ya old monaros torrys ect.. More cars, more money, potential of more public thru the gates.
Sent via Facebook Mobile

Stephen Mills March 6 at 11:43am
Yeah please put your ideas on the forum for all to see Andy!
The thoughts of a Holden v F ord show have been discussed as has the idea of an All Holden Day.
I personally like the idea of Holden V F ord in all years ie; XD V HZ/ BA V VZ ect best from the category wins the prize! More entrants, more cars win win

Andy Vkssa March 6 at 11:49am Report
I only got net on my fone so thats y im runnin my ideas thru u on here lol im also tlkn to some of the new clubs who r open to all modles to see wat cars they get mainly these days to see where we could try get more support n also msgn ppl with sum tuff cars who dont rly show thm to see if they would support a show if there was one they fit into.. Also somthing u could try if u did a show again is ask steinborner holden if they wanted to sponsor the show and display his cars coz he has a huge collection of mint as holdens in sheds out the back of his yards.. Could also be sumthin to advertise to public if it happend..
Sent via Facebook Mobile

Stephen Mills March 6 at 11:52am
do you mind if I copy/paste this message to forum?

Andy Vkssa March 6 at 11:56am Report
Go for it. If theres guna b a show start up again im willin to help ya out where i can coz iv enjoyd the last couple i been involved with n dont wanna see the same thing happen to u as the last one
Sent via Facebook Mobile

Last edited by AC/DC1 on Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AC/DC1
Admin
AC/DC1

PostSubject: Re: All Commodore Day 2011 ??????   All Commodore Day 2011 ?????? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 7:03 am

Andy Vkssa March 6 at 11:59am Report
Iv run the idea of holden vs F ord to a few ppl n like u said EA vs VN ect n ppl seem to like that idea n lets face it ppl frm both sides want the braggin writes n F ord seem to get gd turn outs to shows so if they bring thm ppl with em to our show ud b cheerin.
Sent via Facebook Mobile

Stephen Mills March 6 at 11.59am

Agreed

Could also have the bragging rights to the annual overall trophy winners Holden or F ord?
Maybe we could get together with the F ord clubs and see where this goes?
Back to top Go down
dirty1
Committee
Committee
dirty1

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: All Commodore Day 2011 ??????   All Commodore Day 2011 ?????? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 11:15 am

As always you have my full support Steve.
Would love to see a Commodore only show return to Adelaide.

But to guarantee numbers a Holden V F ord show makes more sense. Would suggest you dream up year categories first and then see what interest you get??

good luck....you know where I am if ya need a hand

cheers
Pazz
Back to top Go down
Cliff

Cliff

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: All Commodore Day 2011 ??????   All Commodore Day 2011 ?????? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 6:41 pm

Hi Steve, I like the idea of Holden V F ord would get a lot more entrants and spectator. But is that name registered with Graeme?????. If not I would say go for it..
Back to top Go down
AC/DC1
Admin
AC/DC1

PostSubject: Re: All Commodore Day 2011 ??????   All Commodore Day 2011 ?????? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 5:17 pm

I think people are having a loan of me ????

To all those people that phoned me, messaged me and e-mailed me, thanks for nothing 12 guests to this site in 7 days = heaps of support not Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Cliff

Cliff

PostSubject: Re: All Commodore Day 2011 ??????   All Commodore Day 2011 ?????? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 6:45 pm

Yeah thats not what you would call enthusiastic hey?

I dont know Steve perhaps the days are gone of real car enthusiast here in Adelaide with all the crap from the Government and the Police. Sad really
Back to top Go down
sheila

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-07-19

PostSubject: Re: All Commodore Day 2011 ??????   All Commodore Day 2011 ?????? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 5:42 pm

With this site having been basically dead for more than 6 months, maybe the word's just not out there yet that it's been revived.

Canvasing Facebook, Twitter, the SA club forums, etc, etc to let people know this forum is still alive with the possibility of another ACD would be a better way to go, rather than giving up after only 1 week.
I only heard a day or two ago that discussion had reopened, through word of mouth from a mate of mine.

Get the word out there.
Back to top Go down
Cliff

Cliff

PostSubject: Re: All Commodore Day 2011 ??????   All Commodore Day 2011 ?????? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 5:47 pm

Dont get me wrong I would love to see All Commodore Day back up and running. But after the last response it certainly makes it hard on Steve to have faith in getting people to enter there cars. But I do thnk its worth a go.
Back to top Go down
Rattler

Rattler

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: All Commodore Day 2011 ??????   All Commodore Day 2011 ?????? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 10:48 am

Sorry Steve... I didn't realize this was going to go ahead this year!

I'm all for it and Rattler will definately be ready!

She's off to MotorEx in Brisbane in July!

The Holden vs F ord does sound like a fantastic idea!

This is one of the reasons I left Adealide as alot of people think they are too good for everyone else!

You do everything you can to make something happen for enthusiasts and they then turn and sh!t on you!!!!

I'll help out wherever I can again mate

If you wanna gimme a call you are quite welcome to

Scotty

Back to top Go down
AC/DC1
Admin
AC/DC1

PostSubject: Re: All Commodore Day 2011 ??????   All Commodore Day 2011 ?????? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 3:53 pm

sheila wrote:
With this site having been basically dead for more than 6 months, maybe the word's just not out there yet that it's been revived.

Canvasing Facebook, Twitter, the SA club forums, etc, etc to let people know this forum is still alive with the possibility of another ACD would be a better way to go, rather than giving up after only 1 week.
I only heard a day or two ago that discussion had reopened, through word of mouth from a mate of mine.

Get the word out there.

I somewhat agree with the above statement, but many punters have contacted me via other media asking for this events revival!
So I ask the above mentioned punters to join the forum and show their enthusiasm for this event?

Time will be granted, to " get the word out there" Cool

Scotty if this event takes off you will be one of the first to know, maybe having the special guest "RATTLER" there it may evoke some enthusiasm ?

Steve
Back to top Go down
Rattler

Rattler

PostSubject: Re: All Commodore Day 2011 ??????   All Commodore Day 2011 ?????? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 12:11 pm

AC/DC1 wrote:
sheila wrote:

Get the word out there.

I somewhat agree with the above statement, but many punters have contacted me via other media asking for this events revival!
So I ask the above mentioned punters to join the forum and show their enthusiasm for this event?

Time will be granted, to " get the word out there" Cool

Scotty if this event takes off you will be one of the first to know, maybe having the special guest "RATTLER" there it may evoke some enthusiasm ?

Steve

Steve,

You can use Rattler for that by all means mate! Maybe take Rattler out of the model competitions and have her only for combined show categories? Whether you're a F ord, Holden, Mazda, Toyota or Go-Go enthusiast, we all have the one common thing and that is we are all passionate about our cars!!!!

Maybe we could have "Holden Vs The Rest" Day??
Back to top Go down
Rattler

Rattler

PostSubject: Re: All Commodore Day 2011 ??????   All Commodore Day 2011 ?????? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 9:59 am

OK.... have had a little bit of feedback on both mine and Rattlers FB page!

It seems as if people no longer want to go as they can see the same Commodores at the local shopping centre carpark.

What I think we need to do Steve is contact those of us who have special quality cars and get them there 1st! Then atleast on the PR gear and entry forms you can have a few photos of those cars? Personally I think we'd need to get atleast 20 show cars and I think the only way to do that is turn it into Commodores vs The Rest Day (post 80's). There's no point in having say Gary Myers's Mustang there as it'd win hands down or maybe that's what we do do?

Your thoughts??

Scotty

Back to top Go down
AC/DC1
Admin
AC/DC1

PostSubject: Re: All Commodore Day 2011 ??????   All Commodore Day 2011 ?????? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 3:06 am

Scott I agree with you

There are many magazine quality Commodores out there which owners spend huge bucks on Ie; chu88y, rattler, deliverance.

But most of these animals are interstate

The idea of the show n shine ALL COMMODORE DAY was to get it started and then contact these elite Magazine featured Commodores here for a get together in one location, the home of the Commodore Adelaide and if lucky enough have a track open here and have something like a commodore summernats here?

The SA leg of the Street Commodores Cruise for Charity does very well for numbers here in Adelaide, so combining the events ie; day 1. cruise, day 2. show n shine, day 3. track day, would get the punters in especially if you have elite magazine featured interstate commodores here and the backing of Street Commodores magazine.

I was hoping this vision would happen but alas it needs support

Steve
Back to top Go down
Cliff

Cliff

PostSubject: Re: All Commodore Day 2011 ??????   All Commodore Day 2011 ?????? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 10:14 am

hmmm yep support that is the word Steve
Back to top Go down
AC/DC1
Admin
AC/DC1

PostSubject: Re: All Commodore Day 2011 ??????   All Commodore Day 2011 ?????? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 8:36 am

Flogging a dead horse Cliff Sad

Elite Commodore events are a thing of the past here in S.A, fark we can't even support our local GM manufacturing plant here, that's about to fold also Mad

Shame
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Commodore Day 2011 ??????   All Commodore Day 2011 ?????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Commodore Day 2011 ??????
Page 1 of 1