ALL COMMODORE DAY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ALL COMMODORE DAY

South Australian All Commodore Day Car Show and Shine ..... Please take the time to register

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sad Sad Day

Go down 
+2
knightwolf
AC/DC1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AC/DC1
Admin
AC/DC1

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Sad Sad Day Empty
PostSubject: Sad Sad Day   Sad Sad Day Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 3:40 pm

Sorry to the 10 paid entrants and our 4 sponsors Sad

The term "SUPERMARKET CARPARK DISPLAY" pissed me off initially, as did paying money myself last year, but I was still prepared to see this show "ALL COMMODORE DAY" through for another year !

But at the last committee meeting the great team I have had helping me out with this years event, refused to see me loose anymore money on this years event, so therefore the event for 2010 has been canceled for any other term "lack of entrants" (no entrants, no event simple really). We are 5 weeks out from entry cut off's with 10 paid entrants ??? What am I to do ????

The 10 guys who have paid entry fee's will be refunded.

The 4 sponsor's who have paid sponsorship fee's will be refunded.

To the guy's who thought this event was a joke and poorly run, congrats you have successfully killed another S.A automotive event Sad

To the guy's who have supported me and this event for 3 years (nearly 4), thanks heap's, its been a pleasure bringing you an event to display your pide and joy Commodore at.

Cheers

Steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.allcommodoreday.co.nr
knightwolf

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-07-21

Sad Sad Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad Sad Day   Sad Sad Day Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 5:06 am

So sorry to hear that Steve, hopefully next year ACD will be back bigger and better for all involved...
Back to top Go down
Rattler

Rattler

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Sad Sad Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad Sad Day   Sad Sad Day Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 5:28 am

WTF!!??

WOW!! I can not believe that a state that is prodominantly a Holden/Commodore state is not getting behind this!!!!

To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement!

Two major Commodore Clubs in Adealide and only 10 entrants between them? That is an absolute joke!!

To Steve and Sylvia who have made the effort and to their support team, I thank you for all the effort you guys and girls have put in!

As for returning the sponsorship money Steve, keep it mate and think of it as a "goodwill" gesture for you being out of pocket last year mate!!

It is a "sad sad day"!!

Lets hope the All Commodore Day bounces back hard next year!!!!

Scotty
Back to top Go down
hsv364

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Sad Sad Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad Sad Day   Sad Sad Day Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 12:39 pm

red stuff Hell!!

I entered as an individual (i'm so over the club thing), so your telling me that from the 2 large member based commodore clubs there were only 9 other entrants - man that's piss poor!! Damn i had something planned i thought would be really cool for a display as well.
Steve keep my entry fee & donate it to your nominated charity.
Maybe a combo Commodore/Falcon event in future my attract more entries.
I feel really sorry for all the effort & time you & your team of helpers have put into trying to make this a great event - i take my hat off to you all

Cheers,

Steve.
Back to top Go down
Cliff

Cliff

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Sad Sad Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad Sad Day   Sad Sad Day Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 3:50 am

I must say that I am so sad to see such a great show be cancelled. And so sorry to you Steve and Sylvia and the committee that the show has got such a bad response. Really when you think about it, SA seem to make a habit of killing car shows. Holden & F ord Show, All Holden Day and Extreme Horsepower, even though Extreme Horesepower was revived buy a new owner. It seems to be the SA Holden Commodore scene dont get behind the shows.

I do hope the All Commodore Day will be back next year. FINGERS CROSSED

To Steve and Sylvia and the ACD Committee my hat comes off to you for doing such an excellent job getting these show organised. I mean it dont stop finish one show and you are straight back into organising the next years All Commodore Day.

There has been a lot of people that have been negative towards the All Commodore Day Show, They obviusly do not know what is involved in organising such an event. Lots of running around and getting things organised just so these people can bring their pride and joy to show off to people, And have a big chance at winning a Trophy.

I now winning a Trophie is not what its about, Its about gettting out there and having fun showing off your hard work on your machine, the trophy is just the bonus.

Anyway agai I hope we do see All Commodore Day back in 2011. Bigger and better.

P.S I will remove the entry form button from the home page.

Sad Sad

Last edited by Cliff on Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
vixen

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-04-20

Sad Sad Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad Sad Day   Sad Sad Day Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:02 am

I spoke with Jim at Refined Auto Body Repairs this morning, who'd signed on as a sponsor for this year's event.
He had heard on the grapevine that it had been cancelled. He's disappointed, but is more than happy to resign as a sponsor for next year's show if it is to go ahead. Smile
Back to top Go down
AC/DC1
Admin
AC/DC1

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Sad Sad Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad Sad Day   Sad Sad Day Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 4:52 pm

Scott and Steve I will hold your monies/entries in trust until we have some final details of the next event date (hope thats ok)

Karen would Jim @ Refined auto body repairs be prepared to do this also ? If not I will write out a cheque.

Thankyou to you all for those very kind words, they do mean so much at the moment, will look into bringing an event to Adelaide car enthusiasts again.

Cheers

Steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.allcommodoreday.co.nr
vixen

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-04-20

Sad Sad Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad Sad Day   Sad Sad Day Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 3:35 am

I'll ask Jim for you on Friday when I next see him. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sad Sad Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad Sad Day   Sad Sad Day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sad Sad Day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ALL COMMODORE DAY :: General Discussion :: All Commodore Day #4 2011-
Jump to: