ALL COMMODORE DAY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ALL COMMODORE DAY

South Australian All Commodore Day Car Show and Shine ..... Please take the time to register

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Judging 2009

Go down 
+7
HDTGPA
hsv364
Cliff
Rattler
telf ss
andyVKSSA
AC/DC1
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Saturday judging (21-11-2009
yes (good idea)
Judging 2009 Vote_lcap63%Judging 2009 Vote_rcap
 63% [ 10 ]
no (bad idea)
Judging 2009 Vote_lcap37%Judging 2009 Vote_rcap
 37% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
AC/DC1
Admin
AC/DC1

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Judging 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Judging 2009   Judging 2009 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:21 am

Due the expected numbers of Commodore's this year, we would like to know your thoughts on a Nat's style judging system IE; Saturday pre event judging?
polish your Commodore up for judging on the Saturday (21-11-2009) afternoon proir to the event. Could do a cruise afterwards? This system would make it fair on entrants getting the same amount of time spent on their cars by the judges and would free up time on the Sunday to judge entrants displays and streamline the event so we are out of there at a reasonable hour.

We would like to know your thoughts, so have made it a poll to cast your votes
Back to top Go down
http://www.allcommodoreday.co.nr
andyVKSSA

andyVKSSA

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Judging 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judging 2009   Judging 2009 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 12:03 pm

personaly i dont like the idea of haveing to clean my car on a friday night to be judged on saturday and then reclean saturday/sunday for the show. spend the whole weekend on this when ya got other stuff to be doing aswell. And if your like me your still working on the car into the night on saturday getting it ready for the show!
Back to top Go down
telf ss

telf ss

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Judging 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judging 2009   Judging 2009 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 4:43 pm

i like the idea here are thoughts
on a purley logistical theme
if we have the same 150 entries as last year and with the same amount of judges and each car taking 5 minutes to judge it will take them 12.5 hours and thats without breaks etc
if we get 200 cars it will take 16.5 hours

and hell the judges have a hard enough time doing it ( i wouldnt like to be a judge )
and one of the negatives from last year was the time it took to judge all the entries and finishing time

so unless we get more teams of judges or come up with a better way of judging we will be in the same postion as last year

or if we only judge the cars that might be able to win a trophy as has happened at another car show this year and thats is totaly unfair for any entrant and we want to improve and grow the show for future years

it is something worth looking at and perhaps we could put it to the cars clubs on their thoughts as well

and yes it will be tight to get cars clean by saturday i have 2 to do but it comes down to planning for me to get them done i usally start 2 weeks before the show
Back to top Go down
Rattler

Rattler

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Judging 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judging 2009   Judging 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 4:09 am

AC/DC1 wrote:
Due the expected numbers of Commodore's this year, we would like to know your thoughts on a Nat's style judging system IE; Saturday pre event judging?
polish your Commodore up for judging on the Saturday (21-11-2009) afternoon proir to the event. Could do a cruise afterwards? This system would make it fair on entrants getting the same amount of time spent on their cars by the judges and would free up time on the Sunday to judge entrants displays and streamline the event so we are out of there at a reasonable hour.

I like the idea, especially for the locals Smile Another thought would be to have as many cars as possible set up on the Saturday ready for the Sunday! It would save a hell of alot of waiting and traffic congestion Sunday morning! I'm sure if we had 100+ cars set up on Saturday, those of us that have cars there wouldn't mind throwing in $5-10each for a security guard to walk around until we get there Sunday morning?

Scotty

P.S. I'd be sleeping there myself!

Last edited by Rattler on Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cliff

Cliff

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Judging 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judging 2009   Judging 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 5:46 am

I like Scott's idea about getting the cars set up Saturday, But I would suppose that would cost more to have the Reserve for another day. But fantastic idea. Would make setting Sunday up a lot easiers as well. hmmm food for thought....
Back to top Go down
andyVKSSA

andyVKSSA

Judging 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judging 2009   Judging 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 7:23 am

if cars are being set up the day before, ill be sleeping at the grounds with a shot gun.. if it was indoors i wouldnt have an issue but like hell im leaving my car parked on an ovel at night unwatched.

as for the judging what about doing as many cars as you can on the saturday but for the few people like me who wont be able to get there saturday they can still be done at the show..
Back to top Go down
Cliff

Cliff

Judging 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judging 2009   Judging 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 3:24 pm

Yes that is the idea Andy to get some done Saturday to make the Judging easier and quicker on the Sunday. makes life easier on the judges
Back to top Go down
andyVKSSA

andyVKSSA

Judging 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judging 2009   Judging 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 7:21 pm

i can see the practical side to saturday judging dont get me wrong, all im saying is that not everyone may be able to make it for saturday judging..
Back to top Go down
Rattler

Rattler

Judging 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judging 2009   Judging 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 2:54 am

andyVKSSA wrote:
i can see the practical side to saturday judging dont get me wrong, all im saying is that not everyone may be able to make it for saturday judging..

I don't think they want everyone to do it on the Saturday Andy.

Like Steve said, "IF" we get 200 cars @ 5mins per car for judging, that's 16.67hrs of judging, without taking any breaks!

In my honest opinion, we'll need 50% of cars judged on the Saturday to make this a professional event! Even then, 8hrs of judging each day will still be pushing the judges to their limits................unless we can get more judges Question

Scotty
Back to top Go down
hsv364

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Judging 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judging 2009   Judging 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 2:15 pm

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time post so please be gentle!
If ACD 2009 becomes a 2 day deal (where i have to show up on Sat for judging) i unfortunately won't be entering this year (i've been in the 1st two) my car is a daily driver and i work a 5 1/2 days a week. I take my car off the road a week prior to all shows i enter and catch the bus to work just so i can prepare my car. If i have to turn up Sat then go home and clean my car again for Sun i don't think it's worth all the effort, especially as the location isn't particularly central ( i live in the North Eastern suburbs)
Will there be some sort of decision made on this soon? i was going to send off my entry this week but will wait on the outcome of this decision.
How do they get through all the judging at the SMASA Show n Shine, the OLd Skool New AGE show etc and get them finished at a reasonable hour?
I think you need more judges and just make it a single day event.

Just my thoughts and opinion.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
andyVKSSA

andyVKSSA

Judging 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judging 2009   Judging 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 8:16 pm

hsv364 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

If ACD 2009 becomes a 2 day deal (where i have to show up on Sat for judging) i unfortunately won't be entering this year (i've been in the 1st two) my car is a daily driver and i work a 5 1/2 days a week. I take my car off the road a week prior to all shows i enter and catch the bus to work just so i can prepare my car. If i have to turn up Sat then go home and clean my car again for Sun i don't think it's worth all the effort, especially as the location isn't particularly central ( i live in the North Eastern suburbs)
Will there be some sort of decision made on this soon? i was going to send off my entry this week but will wait on the outcome of this decision.
How do they get through all the judging at the SMASA Show n Shine, the OLd Skool New AGE show etc and get them finished at a reasonable hour?

Cheers.

agreed..
Back to top Go down
Rattler

Rattler

Judging 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judging 2009   Judging 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:22 am

AC/DC1 wrote:

Hmmmmm................. I think a few people are misunderstanding Steves post and idea here. I have highlighted what the Saturday is based on above.........."pre event"

It's more logical and would make the Sunday a hell of alot easier if we could get a heap of cars judged Saturday! I don't know about you, but if I were a judge, I'd definately prefer to judge atleast 50% of cars on the Saturday (if I could).

There are 4 judges, yes? So 200 cars at 5mins per car with 4 judges ends up being 10hrs of non-stop judging on Sunday! Again, IF it was me I'd prefer 5hrs Saturday and 5hrs Sunday so I'm not running around like a blue arse fly! I don't know what time it starts on Sunday, but if it's a 10am start, then the judges will be there until 8pm with the current format!

Steve....... I'd be posting the same question on the two Commodore forums and see what sort of a response you get

Scotty

P.S. Have you spoken to the judges about this mate?
Back to top Go down
andyVKSSA

andyVKSSA

Judging 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judging 2009   Judging 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 8:20 am

And i did say in a previouse post to do as many as u can on saturday but still judge some at the show.. its just some cars wont be able to get there on the saturday.

The way i saw the 1st post it sounded to me that ALL cars MUST be done saturday.
Back to top Go down
AC/DC1
Admin
AC/DC1

Judging 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judging 2009   Judging 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 1:43 pm

hsv364 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Cheers.

Mostly judged at the gate Ie; if your car aint up to the judges standard at the gate you dont get a second look. Not my idea of a quality judging system (If you pay money to enter an event to be judged then you get judged!)

Having more judges Ie: two teams to cut down the time/amount of commodores (you can get conflicting scores, not all judge the same)

It is a predicament for sure, the committee will disscuss this item on Friday night at length

Cheers

Steve
Back to top Go down
AC/DC1
Admin
AC/DC1

Judging 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judging 2009   Judging 2009 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 9:49 am

Ok heres how it "WILL" happen

The critera for judging (things the judges will be looking at) will be posted up here shortly

Saturday (21-11-2009) offical judging will take place at City Dismantlers Gepps x in front of our sponsor SVE workshop from 2pm onwards your Commodore will be judged and a green sticker placed on the windscreen + receiving a goodie bag and entrants lanyard for Sunday. So no waiting at the gate Sunday morning, you will be fast tracked in (we hope at least 50% of entrants take up this offer) otherwise judging at the gate on Sunday morning may well be an option ?

Sunday (22-11-2009) offical judging will take place at Grange recreation reserve from 10am onwards for those without a green sticker (non pre judged) this judging is on a time limit obviously and judging will cease at 4pm Sunday 22-11-2009

Pre judged (Saturday 21-11-2009) and on the day judged (Sunday 22-11-2009) entrants will have there overall displays judged on the Sunday 22-11-2009 with pre judged entrants being done first as the car has already been done.

We hope this outcome is to everyones liking and cater's for all with all options covered ? Its up to you guys the entrants to understand the logistics of judging 200 cars and the judge's spending 5 min's at each car this will not be possible if the pre judging option is not patronised by entrants

Cheers

Steve
Back to top Go down
Rattler

Rattler

Judging 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judging 2009   Judging 2009 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:27 am

Excellent result Steve! My baby will be with Colin anyway (I hope) so put me down for the Sat judging matey

Scotty

Last edited by Rattler on Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HDTGPA

HDTGPA

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-04-13

Judging 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judging 2009   Judging 2009 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:31 am

LOL....you will never please everyone mate, but it is the best way to do it.

Good decision
Kell

Were for saturday as well
Back to top Go down
http://www.eliteinstallations.com.au
Cliff

Cliff

Judging 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judging 2009   Judging 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 6:11 am

Just a thought, How are you going to let everyone know about the pre judging??? As it is not on the entry form. Perhaps for the ones that have entered already send them an email. But good idea for the ones that can make it to be jusdged on the Saturday, will certainly make the Sunday judging a lot quicker and easier.
Back to top Go down
telf ss

telf ss

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Judging 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judging 2009   Judging 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 8:28 am

hi cliff
we are at present doing up some flyers for all entrants from last year and then posting it to them with an entry form explaining the pre judged on the saturday as well as some criteria for judging as well should be finilased by end of the week good suggestion about email we have those details as well
also we will be informing all the car clubs as well either by email or pm or posting on ther sites
hope this answers your question
Back to top Go down
AC/DC1
Admin
AC/DC1

Judging 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judging 2009   Judging 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 1:55 pm

I like the question and the answer Cool

When we have our mailout shortly we can back it up with an e-mail, we have all of last years entrants e-mail addys & its free Wink

Cheers

Steve
Back to top Go down
Cliff

Cliff

Judging 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judging 2009   Judging 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 7:30 am

AC/DC1 wrote:
I like the question and the answer Cool

When we have our mailout shortly we can back it up with an e-mail, we have all of last years entrants e-mail addys & its free Wink

Cheers

Steve

Yep all sounds good
Back to top Go down
Girl Torque

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-09-23

Judging 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judging 2009   Judging 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 12:44 pm

G'day all
How's the cops been with this show in previous years? I'm sussing out all the angles here so if I do enter, I have a 'happy' day Smile I'd prefer not to tow her, but will if it's a safer option. I'm with judging on Sunday only - that'd be my preference
Back to top Go down
AC/DC1
Admin
AC/DC1

Judging 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judging 2009   Judging 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 1:49 pm

Hi Carly (I persume) Razz

The past two annual events have been SAPOL happy, we are trying to create an appreciation for Commodore's and their owners (the reason for entrants with plenty of cash thrown at there commodore's on show) unlike the publicity currently in the media.

Year 1 2007 @ Cheltenham racecourse SAPOL in attendance and contacted me after the event appreciating the efforts of entrants and organisers.
Year 2 2008 @ Birdwood Museum SAPOL in attendance and contacted the Museum staff with accolades for entrants and organisers.

At ACD we are a non profit organisation and have in previous years donated plenty of cash to worthwhile Adelaide charities and we intend doing the same this year.

I am currently looking at another team of 3 judges for the HDT/HSV catagories so the judging scores are not conficting to the judges doing the factory models, this seems to suit everyone I have spoken to lately (and will minimise the logistic issues?)

Cheers

Steve
Back to top Go down
andyVKSSA

andyVKSSA

Judging 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judging 2009   Judging 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 4:27 pm

i like that idea with the extra judges for the HSV/HDTs too
Back to top Go down
Girl Torque

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-09-23

Judging 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judging 2009   Judging 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 5:14 am

AC/DC1 wrote:
Hi Carly (I persume) Razz

The past two annual events have been SAPOL happy, we are trying to create an appreciation for Commodore's and their owners (the reason for entrants with plenty of cash thrown at there commodore's on show) unlike the publicity currently in the media.

Year 1 2007 @ Cheltenham racecourse SAPOL in attendance and contacted me after the event appreciating the efforts of entrants and organisers.
Year 2 2008 @ Birdwood Museum SAPOL in attendance and contacted the Museum staff with accolades for entrants and organisers.

At ACD we are a non profit organisation and have in previous years donated plenty of cash to worthwhile Adelaide charities and we intend doing the same this year.

I am currently looking at another team of 3 judges for the HDT/HSV catagories so the judging scores are not conficting to the judges doing the factory models, this seems to suit everyone I have spoken to lately (and will minimise the logistic issues?)

Cheers

Steve

Thanks Steve - that's fantastic to hear Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Judging 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judging 2009   Judging 2009 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judging 2009
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next