ALL COMMODORE DAY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ALL COMMODORE DAY

South Australian All Commodore Day Car Show and Shine ..... Please take the time to register

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Andy & Trudy's new baby.

Go down 
+2
Cliff
Andy68
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AC/DC1
Admin
AC/DC1

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andy & Trudy's new baby.   Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 2:45 pm

Mirror's set it off nice Andy, bit of entertainment for the passenger's = Stato what its ment to be Twisted Evil

Well done mate good work

Steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.allcommodoreday.co.nr
Andy68

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Andy & Trudy's new baby.   Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 9:42 am

Well a bit of an update.......had her dyno'd on Saturday morning, and pulled a very respectable 186.2 Kws and 249.9 HP, which considering the only modification so far is a 2.5" Catback twin Exhaust, is a very good starting point I Think...

This afternoon I decided to add another unique touch, by retrofitting a VZ Sunglasses holder into the rooflining......Came up pretty damn good if I do say so myself !!!!!!

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 SDC11578Small

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 SDC11581Small
Back to top Go down
Cliff

Cliff

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Andy & Trudy's new baby.   Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 4:22 pm

Came up a treat Andy looks good.
Back to top Go down
Andy68

PostSubject: Re: Andy & Trudy's new baby.   Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 9:18 am

well had a bit of spare time yesterday so started paintin some bit uner the bonnet, did the fuse cover and the brake fluid reservoir, and aslo started on the blue led dash conversion...am happy with the climate control, clock,gear selector etc but not with the instrument cluster,the light spread on the cluster shows too many hot spots so am waiting on some different leds to arrive which give a better light spread, hopefully this will eliminate the hot spots.....

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Image034Small

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Image040Small

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Image035Small

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Image037Small-1

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Image042Small

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Image022Small

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Image018Small

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Image017Small

Well not all of us can afford HSV upgrade packages , so I went the next best thing and brought some caliper covers......these things come with Brembo hi=temp stickers on them , and the ABS moulded plastic can with stand temp up to 670 degrees C......so out with a blade and removed the brembo stickers, and with some of my hi-temp vinyl, I cut some different stickers and whacked them on......I'll be putting them on sometime this week hopefully weather permitting, but you get the idea !!!!!

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Image047Small

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Image045Small

Well I had a half hour break in the weather, so got outside and fitted the calliper covers.....For $20 a set and 1/2 an hours labour, I don't think they came out too bad....sure beats the dull grey calliper......from this....

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Image045Small

To This !!!!!!

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Image050Small

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Image052Small

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Image053Small
Back to top Go down
jafo

jafo

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Andy & Trudy's new baby.   Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 12:46 pm

how are them calliper covers attached
Back to top Go down
Andy68

PostSubject: Re: Andy & Trudy's new baby.   Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 6:48 pm

jafo wrote:
how are them calliper covers attached

blue tac dave lmao....nah 1 small self tapper mate
Back to top Go down
Andy68

PostSubject: Re: Andy & Trudy's new baby.   Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 6:21 pm

Well had a bit of spare time today so did some more stuff.....changed the gear selector LED, and then had a brainwave.....I was going thru some of my computer gear yesterday and I found a brand new 5 1/4 inch temperature sensor unit......had a bit of a think and worked out if I soldered a resistor on I could allow 12 volt instead of 5 volt, so hooked it up into the pocket under the stereo.....has 2 temp sensors on it so hooked one up to the AMP and the other to the Stereo itself, so it now monitors the Temps of both units......unfortunately the readout display is green so am off tomorrow to try and find the readouts in blue and will desolder the greens off and put the blues in instead....
yeah I know it's a bit out there, but I'm always doing things differently and like to do things to make my car unique.....Andy

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Image018

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 SDC11394Small

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Image013

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Image019
Back to top Go down
Andy68

PostSubject: Re: Andy & Trudy's new baby.   Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 7:10 pm

Well wasnt happy with the green display with everything else being blue, and unfortunately I could not change the colour of it.....so decided to change it....cut some black acrylic to size to cover over the pocket face, then installed a volt meter plus 2 switches to operate lights in my boot , for my planned boot install......much better me thinks.....

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 SDC12270

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 SDC12273
Back to top Go down
Andy68

PostSubject: Re: Andy & Trudy's new baby.   Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 10:11 am

Well a bit of an update.....Finally got around to wiring up the VZ Sunglasses holder today, was a simple 2 wire and 1 x Earth connection....looks good too...
Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Image008Small-3

Also working on the boot setup at the moment, have Removed the Factory CD Stacker, and Filled the hole with some clear perspex....I will be making a Border sticker to hide the Brackets you see in the photo, and accross the face of it will be a sticker of my Number plate, which will be backlit from underneath, the lighting for the boot being controlled via a switch which I have just connected next to the voltage meter in the dash...

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Image009Small-1

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 SDC12270
Back to top Go down
AC/DC1
Admin
AC/DC1

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Andy & Trudy's new baby.   Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 12:56 pm

All very tastfully done Cool

Good work Andy, you are a *geanious* (wheres the spell check button lol)

Cheers

Steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.allcommodoreday.co.nr
Andy68

PostSubject: Re: Andy & Trudy's new baby.   Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 4:16 am

thanks heaps steve...means a lot buddy

Well my SMD Blue LEDS arrived so ripped the dash out again and replaced all the standard blue LEDS, these SMD's have a lot better spread of light so eliminate much of the hotspots, also gave it another polish, and the Sunglasses holder is now wired so the main interior dome light switches off, when you turn on the Sunglasses holder switch....A few pics....

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 SDC12702

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Image018-1

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 SDC12700

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 SDC12696

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 SDC12698

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 SDC12704

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Image013-1
Back to top Go down
telf ss

telf ss

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Andy & Trudy's new baby.   Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 5:17 am

its looking great
well done on the blue interior now just need blue led for the interior light / sunglass holder
Back to top Go down
Andy68

PostSubject: Re: Andy & Trudy's new baby.   Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 4:31 pm

telf ss wrote:
its looking great
well done on the blue interior now just need blue led for the interior light / sunglass holder

Thanks kim and steve for ya comments.....the actual centre dome interior light is a blue led festoon already, but not sure about doing the sunglasses holder lights yet, blue light is EXTREMELY hard to read by, so I chose to keep the sunglasses holder light normal so I can still read Street directories lmao !!!!
Back to top Go down
telf ss

telf ss

PostSubject: Re: Andy & Trudy's new baby.   Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:29 am

get a gps LOL
Back to top Go down
Andy68

PostSubject: Re: Andy & Trudy's new baby.   Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 1:57 am

telf ss wrote:
get a gps LOL

LMAO Kim, i have a mate who is a capet layer and he gives me his old Directory each year........And the joys of being on a disabled pension, cant afford one.......keep up the awesome work on your car too kim, it's looking amazing buddy Andy
Back to top Go down
Andy68

PostSubject: Re: Andy & Trudy's new baby.   Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 3:55 pm

Well I started by washing the car at 2pm Clay Barring at 3pm, and finally finished with the polishing and cleaning 5 minutes ago......so roughly 7 hrs worth of work,from start to finish.....I am now a convert, the statesman looks absolutely amazing, and am stoked with the final product.....Enjoy...Andy

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 SDC12735

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 SDC12730

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 SDC12726

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 SDC12725

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 SDC12729

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 SDC12736
Back to top Go down
Andy68

PostSubject: Re: Andy & Trudy's new baby.   Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 4:57 am

Well finished off the detail today with Auto Glym Rubber and Vinyl Care.....awesome stuff, can be used on wodgrain, Plastics, leather, vinyl and window rubbers.....I'm a Convert !!!!!

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 SDC12755

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 SDC12751

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 SDC12752

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 SDC12753
Back to top Go down
Andy68

PostSubject: Re: Andy & Trudy's new baby.   Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:17 am

Well had nothing much to do today so I finished off the perspex cover where the CD stacker used to reside......am going to backlight it from underneath, with the switch wired into the dash next to the voltmeter.....

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 SDC10054

Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 SDC10056
Back to top Go down
telf ss

telf ss

PostSubject: Re: Andy & Trudy's new baby.   Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:48 am

looks great Andy well done

just need to blacken the pop rivets with a black texta to hide them
Back to top Go down
Andy68

PostSubject: Re: Andy & Trudy's new baby.   Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 8:08 pm

telf ss wrote:
looks great Andy well done

just need to blacken the pop rivets with a black texta to hide them

Already done Kim, just hadnt got around to doing it before i took the photo !!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andy & Trudy's new baby.   Andy & Trudy's new baby. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Andy & Trudy's new baby.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2